The Experts in Healthcare Electrical Facilities Maintenance
Health care facilities face constant challenges to maintain code compliance and adapt to ever-changing medical requirements. In addition to serving complex patient needs, facilities must find the most practical ways to upgrade to industry standards the most efficiently. Let us share first-hand experiences of how Beacon Electric has assisted Health Care facilities to prepare for heavy reliance on electrical systems during times of medical emergencies and recent pandemics.
Some relatively recent changes in code include requirements for emergency power-generation systems and branch circuits that supply power to critical equipment in operating rooms, security systems, emergency lighting control panels, and communication systems. We can help you stay up to date to ensure that you meet standards like:
- Healthcare facility wiring (HCF) requirements
- Providing tamper-resistant receptacles or tamper-resistant receptacle covers required in pediatric locations
- Ensuring that receptacles, fixed electrical equipment, and corded equipment are tested after damage, after repair, or at least every 6 months
- Providing isolated power supplies (IPS) or ground-fault circuit interrupters (GFCI) for patient care rooms defined as wet procedure locations (operating rooms)
- Installation of life safety and related branch circuits with distinctive markings in type 3 EES
- Supplying emergency generator maintenance and testing, which includes periodic testing and maintenance of circuitry and conditions
Our healthcare and electrical maintenance program keeps your systems up to date whether it is essential emergency lighting, required wall receptacles, or other state mandates. Beacon electric can help you prepare for future medical needs and assure that the work will be completed in compliance with current medical regulations.
- Hospital Grade Receptacles Including GFCIs
- Patient Room Lighting, Telephone, Cable Wiring, and/or Pull-String Call Buttons
- Nurses Station Annunciators
- Emergency Egress Path Lighting
- Essential Electrical Equipment Polarity and Ground Verification
- Electrical Panel Upgrades
- Alternate Backup Power Supply
- PTAC Unit Installation/Repairs
- Infrared Scans and Thermal Imaging
- Patient Room Cable Wiring and Panic Call Buttons
- Daylight Harvesting for Lighting
Throughout COVID, we strived to assist the healthcare industry with the need for a reliable backup power supply and adequate ventilation equipment.